|Posted by Patricia Hines -President on April 26, 2011 at 9:06 AM|
The Halifax Triangle “Growing A Healthy~ Community Garden”
The Triangle Center for Development (TCD) is excited to announce the Growing A Healthy ~Community Garden Project. The Kick off celebration will be held on July 8 at 4:00 PM.
The garden space was donated by the City of Petersburg for the residents to enjoy the benefits of growing healthy foods. The garden is located at the corner of Halifax Street and South Ave. Residents interested in participating can contact Patricia Hines at HalifaxTriangle@aol.com.
Benefits of the TCD Community Gardens:
• Our community garden will beautify this area, by transforming a nondescript lot into a beautiful and interesting space.
• The community garden will provide food for local residents.
• Volunteers will have to spend less money on food will access to homegrown nutritious fruit and vegetables.
• Mr. Muse will teach how to grow and manage the garden. This can be a wonderful learning experience, for adults and children; which enables everyone to reconnect with nature on a very personal level.
• The community gardens enhance and build neighborhood’s spirit and social interaction.